Special Education & Pupil Services
Welcome to the Department of Pupil Services and Special Education Services. In this site you will find information designed to assist you with questions you may have in regard to services that are provided in each school. These services include School Counseling, Health Services, School Psychology Services, Speech/Language Hearing Services, Special Education and Section 504. .
It is our goal to provide you with direct access to frequently sought resources.
Throughout this site you will find required forms that you may access directly or which, upon your request will be mailed to you. This information and /or these forms include:
• Brochure describing the district Preschool Screening Program
• Brochure describing services for children ages 3-5
• State of Connecticut Physical Forms (yellow for preschool students, blue for all other students. These are also available at your individual physician's office.
• Parent's Procedural Safeguards for Special Education
• Forms required to file for a Due Process Hearing or Mediation in regard to Special Education
• Referral for Special Education form
• Application form for the Hand-in-Hand Typical Peer Preschool Program Lottery (fee required upon acceptance)
• District Bullying Reporting Form
It is the goal of the Pupil Services and Special Education Department to support the efforts of the schools and assist students as they progress through the school district.
Director, Special Services